- 3 organic raw beets
- 4 medium organic raw carrots
- 4 cloves organic raw garlic
- 2 large organic raw onions
- 5 stalks organic raw celery
- 3 medium organic raw potatoes
- 1 bunch organic fresh kale or spinach
- 1 organic Jalapeno pepper
- Ginger root, 3 1-inch slices
- Teaspoon of ground turmeric
- Dash of sea salt
- Dash of fresh ground black pepper
- Wash all ingredients thoroughly.
- Peel potatoes and carrots, ONLY USE THE PEELS. Store the rest of the peeled vegetables for future use in another recipe, or you can bake them in the oven with some olive oil while the broth is cooking and store to eat when you get better.
- Chop onions and beets into four quarters each, do not peel beets.
- Peel garlic and use whole.
- Cut bottom ends off spinach and use whole.
- Chop celery and Jalapeno pepper.
- Put all ingredients in a large pot (don't use non-stick cookware) and pour distilled water over them till water is just covering the ingredients. (distilled water is a must!)
- Cover pot well and turn heat on to very low.
- Let sit over lowest heat for 3-4 hours.
- When cooking time is up, strain vegetables and discard them (if you have a compost please dispose of them there.)
- Strain until only broth is left.
- Add cumin, celery salt and black pepper to the broth for taste.